Starr Nursery LLC
We specialize in creating application-specific, container-grown trees.
We use growing methods which elicit the tree's natural growth responses to reliably produce certain important above and below ground structures.
These structures are important because they allow the tree to quickly become established in the landscape.
These structures are also important because the new growth, in the landscape upon these structures, is then favorable for the tree's long term survival.
Starr trees have above ground quality:
- Strong tapered trunks that show trunk flare at the root junction.
- Naturally branched form with more foliage.
Starr trees have below ground quality:
- Root structures laterally radiating outward in all directions from the trunk.
- These root structures are similar sized and are very fibrous with root nodes ready to grow into the landscape soil.
- There are no circling roots within the root ball, or at its sides or bottom. more...
Starr trees continue to grow vigorously after planting:
- The root nodes in the fibrous root quickly ball expand the root systems outwardly in all directions into the landscape soil.
- These growing, radiating roots quickly establish large root systems in the landscape soil, thereby making the tree established and not dependent upon the roots of the original root ball.
- With many active growing roots, continued top growth can be supported, and top growth does continue naturally and without setback.
Starr trees cost less to install in the landscape:
- Planting hole is smaller: because the Starr tree has a smaller sized root ball which contains larger root systems than other stock with similar sized top growth.
- Smaller sized Starr trees can be planted: because it continues to grow immediately after planting, while other stock has limited growth as it uses its energy to re-grow roots which were either severed when it was harvested or deformed by circling at a container wall.
- Staking requirements are reduced: because less expensive staking products and less labor can be used.
- Post-planting maintenance is less: because watering requirements are limited to the shorter period after planting that a Starr tree needs to become established.
- Higher survival rates are experienced reducing the costs of replanting trees that fail to become established after planting in the landscape.
Starr quality trees are desirable for many applications:
- Private projects: commercial, residential, institutional.
- Public projects: parks, right-of-ways, recreation areas, open-space conservations.
- Greenspace projects: building and parking sites.
- Community projects: street plantings, mini-parks.
- Improve the aesthetic quality of urban, suburban, and rural landscapes.
- Reduce energy and water consumption, and control erosion in developed landscapes.
Starr quality trees can be grown for your projects:
When you know your needs a year or more in advance of delivery, Starr Nursery can grow to order the agreed species, quantities and specification your project needs. more...